The goals of Biotrends magazine are based in our commitment to advance science literacy and education:
• To offer timely articles on a wide range of topics in science and technology. Biotrends plans to cover all disciplines of science and technology with an emphasis on how they affect our lives.
• To provide discussions of scientific issues of national and international importance.
• To provide background information explaining science and technology advances and issues in the news.
• To introduce the public to scientists and science policy makers through interviews. Our intent is to provide insight into the workings of scientific discovery and the creation of science policy by giving them a personal face.
• To provide a platform through which scientists can communicate their work in a manner all can understand. We believe that public understanding and support is the single most important factor in the funding and advancement of science.